Thursday, June 06, 2013

365 Days of DC House Ads, Day 157: You knocked my block off!


House ad for Batman #194 (August 1967); printed in Detective Comics #365 (July 1967)
Ad designed and lettered by Ira Schnapp

This classic cover, one of the most dynamic of Batman's "New Look" era, is too great to only see it in miniature in the house ad. Here's a better look:


Cover of Batman #194 (August 1967), pencils by Carmine Infantino, inks by Murphy Anderson, colors by Jack Adler (?), letters by Ira Schnapp

So, always remember:





2 comments:

BillyWitchDoctor said...

"See this logo? I'M GONNA WRECK IT!!"

Blam said...

Ooh... I'm pretty sure you've done the smashed-logo thing in a Ten of a Kind post, but it'd make a great month-long theme, too. Now I want to do a post or posts like that myself, like I need another distraction.