Wednesday, February 22, 2012

They Just Didn't Care

How much did Marvel care about its 2011 miniseries Marvel Zombies Christmas Carol? Chances are, this is the first time you've ever heard about it, right? That's because Marvel just didn't care.


Yep, despite what you see there, the official name of the book is Marvel Zombies Christmas Carol. Why didn't Marvel put that title on the book? To fool folks into thinking this was yet another go-round with half-head Captain America Zombie or Iron Zombie or Spider-Zombie or She-Thing-Zombie? Me, I like to think it was because over at Marvel...they just didn't care.

How much did Marvel Comics care about Marvel Zombie Christmas Carol? So much that they cover-dated issue #1 as August 2011...and issue #2 as July 2011.


My conclusion? They just didn't care.

Now, there were many fine creators working on Marvel Zombies Christmas Carol, and I'm not pointing any fingers at any of 'em. I'm just cocking my head suspiciously at Marvel, trying to milk one last buck out of an overdone franchise. 'Coz, you see...they just didn't care.


2 comments:

Tom Badguy said...

Those comics look like garbage.

Morris Tichenor said...

Yeah, I picked these up as they came out because 1) I was duped (as you said) into thinking it was related to Marvel Zombies and 2) I love me some Christmas. I hadn't been that disappointed by a comic in quite some time. Obviously they were trying to cash in on the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies craze of a few years back, and it was over before the floppies even hit the shelves.