Tuesday, January 24, 2012

With super power comes the Super Bowl

There's something familiar about the front page of the New York Daily News for January 16. Hmmm...I can't quite put my hoof on it...


"New York's Hometown Newspaper?" Well, maybe on boring old Earth-1218. But in the DC Universe. I'm guessing that Clark Kent's lawyers were in touch with the Daily News there, until Clark remembered he shouldn't let people know he's Superman. In this universe, I doubt that Time-Warner will be litigious about this pastiche of their flagship superhero—they're too busy instructing Dan DiDio and Jim Lee to publish 104 different comics starting in June. Hey, maybe we'll finally see that Aquaman series they've been promising us. What? There already is one? ........ Golly, I hadn't noticed.

Say, what do you think this newspaper front page would look like in the Marvel Universe? I think it would go...A little something like this:



I'm just sorry it couldn't be the New York Smashers going to the Super Bowl.




1 comment:

Delta said...

LOL, I just read the "Threat or Menace" issue yesterday!