Friday, September 02, 2011

Batman Is Nice: Heaven Help the Working Girl

I've been poking a lot of fun at our old pal Batman this week, so I figured I'd better play fair and balanced by presenting a case where Batman is nice. Voila:



Panels from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #58 (March 1994), script by Andrew Donkin and Graham Brand, pencils and inks by John Higgins, colors by Digital Chameleon, letters by Willie Schubert


Well, now, that is nice. Batman is kind to working girls.




The only thing I don't understand is why she's not in an office sitting at a typewriter or computer monitor. Silly Sally! So it's extra great that Batman is being nice to her.




I'm guessing later on Bruce set her up with a nice receptionist job at Wayne Industries, so from then on she could really say she was a true working girl.

What? Why is everybody laughing?


1 comment:

SallyP said...

I find it interesting that Batman knows her...schedule. I know that he's KNOWN for being omnipotent, but keeping track of a Lady of the Evening's whereabouts is taking things to the extreme. Does he do this with ALL the Gotham prostitutes?

When would he have time to fight crime?