Wednesday, September 07, 2011

365 Days with the Warriors Three, Day 250

Each year as I travel through the 365 days with one or some of my favorite characters, I'm on the lookout for original comic art of those heroes to collect, enjoy, and feature in this here blog feature what we call 365 Days with.... That's why I recently bought this bee-yootiful inked sketch by Evan "Doc" Shaner: it perfectly captures the immense essence, heroism, and blowhardiness of my favorite Warrior Three, Volstagg!




(Yep, Volstagg...you probably have.)

The Voluminous One will soon hang in a position of grandeur in El Casa Bully (right near the Lois Lane poster). And you can buy one of Doc's gorgeous works by stepping on over to his shop blog.

You really should: not only is Doc a genius with the pencil and pen, he's also an A-1 Top Guy in my little stuffed book. Y'know why? Well, it turns out...wait, wait, I'm not gonna tell you...yet.

But you can find out tomorrow! Tune in Thursday: same Doc time, same Doc channel, to see another startingly wonderful piece of artwork from Mister Shaner that blew my little stuffed mind. (Seriously. I was picking pieces of fluff out of the carpet all night.)

No comments: