Monday, November 09, 2009

Lego my Bully!

I've shown you lots of my Bully sketches on this blog...y'know, those portraits of yours truly that I've had talented and kind artists create for me...I've had artists portray me in pen and ink, in watercolors or crayons...I've even been portrayed in yummy, delicious, cupcake form! But I've never been portrayed in the ultimate three-dimensional medium...

Until now!

Lego Bully


My good pal Dave Lartigue...that Legomancer among men, Toolmaster of Springfield and lauded top member of the blogarati for his Dave Ex Machina, sent me this beautiful, wonderful, fantabulous Lego Bully, which was just the perfect gift to cheer me up after a tough day and captures my unstoppable energy and sense of fun through the universal medium of Lego. Dave, you're the best!

Me and Lego Bully


I don't know what I'd do now without a Lego Bully. And so, probably, are you! If you're puzzling over the perfect holiday gift, well, I'll ask Dave to get 'em into the stores before Thanksgiving...just tell 'em Bully sent you!

Lego Bully box

Thanks, Dave!!!



4 comments:

Evan Waters said...

You look a little like Optimus Prime in Lego form.

That's awesome.

Dave Lartigue said...

You're welcome, Bully! I'm glad you like it!

It's done in a newish building style called "CubeDude", which was invented by adult builder Angus MacLane. He works for Pixar (as either a designer or animator, I forget) and has done some really awesome CubeDudes. This was the first one of those I attempted. You can see more here:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cubedude&w=all

Bill D. said...

My 4 year old was looking at this with me and said "I love that Lego set!" You're a hit!

SallyP said...

Now that's what I call being immortalized.