Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Well, sometimes I might get drunk/Walk like a duck and smell like a skunk

Bob Dylan Wine Pairing
Listing for a seminar at the The 2009 New York City Wine & Food Festival


I guess what this means is the sixties are really over now, because what I'm sure Bob Dylan had in mind when he wrote "his famous counterculture anthems of the 1960s" was SPENDING $125 TO FIND OUT WHAT WINE YOU SHOULD DRINK WHILE YOU LISTEN TO A COVER BAND PERFORMING HIS GREATEST HITS.

If Bob wasn't dead, this woulda killed him. (What? Oh, sorry. I've made another one of my silly mistakes.)

Me? Well, yours little stuffed truly will be at the Wine & Food Festival, and I'm heading up a seminar of what cookie to eat while reading a Stan Lee comic book. Chips Ahoy, of course, for Sub-Mariner, and Mallomars for The Incredible Hulk. Thor? I'm picturing a Snickerdoodle. The Amazing Spider-Man is best enjoyed with a plate of Aunt May's steamin'-hot Wheatmeal Scotchies, and I think The Fantastic Four should be accompanied by Nabisco's Fudge-Covered Oreos. And Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.*? Hardtack smeared with used motor oil.

But let's not get silly about pairing food or wine with pop culture, shall we? Why, next thing you know we'll be having cooking demonstrations by Cher from Clueless. As if!




*Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division


1 comment:

Brian Smith said...

"Spinach and cottage cheese? THAT'S a Spectre Platter?"