Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Bully's Sketchbook: Phil Foglio

Here's another lovely drawing of yours little stuffed truly from my sketchbook. This one's by Mr. Phil Foglio, the cheerful, friendly and talented cartoonist who I discovered with his funny and fanciful MythAdventures comic books and one of my favorite space adventurer series, Buck Godot, Zap Gun for Hire. In those days I never dreamed he'd someday be drawing me!:
Bully, by Phil Foglio


Phil was drawing sketches at San Diego Comic-Con to benefit the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco, a fine museum and establishment that I highly recommend. If you're on the left coast, it's well worth a visit, and wherever you are, you can help support the museum. Tell 'em Bully said to do so!

Phil, with wife Kaja, is currently creating the gaslamp-era mad-sciency Girl Genius, which is pretty awesome except in one respect. Hey Phil...doncha think Agatha needs a small bull sidekick? Huh? Huh?

Thanks for the sketch, Phil...and everybody else, enjoy my cartoon plumpness!




2 comments:

SallyP said...

That sketch is so cute, I can hardly stand it. I'll have to check out their work, sounds great.

Evan Waters said...

The Foglios are definitely awesome. I actually first became familiar with their work via MAGIC: THE GATHERING, before the art style became so tediously standardized.