Friday, June 13, 2008

Thirteen of a Kind: I wasn’t born under no bad sign, but it was Friday the 13th

It’s that day again…watch out you walk down the street that you don’t cross the paths of black cats, stroll under a ladder, step on a crack, or accidentally buy a Jennifer Lopez CD…all of those are guaranteed to bring you double bad luck on the holiday so perilous major motion picture studios schedule their big releases around the date…yes, it’s Friday the Thirteenth.

Now, a very wise man once told me that when you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer. “Superstition ain't the way,” he told me, looking in the other direction. He also alerted me to wash my face and hands, to rid me of the problem, do all that I could to keep him in a daydream, and keep him goin' strong.

Sure thing! sez I, so here to help you avoid the disasters this day usually spells, here’s 13 things you need to watch out for:



























Or, you could just spend the day inside listening to Joan Armatrading’s Walk Under Ladders. (Or listen to this excellent Discumentary on the album from WYEP.

Either way: let's be careful out there.

A tip o' the black cat to BitterAndrew, Dr. K., 'n' Chris Sims for suggestions.

(More Ten of a Kind here.)



3 comments:

Leah said...

Hey, not all bad things happen on Friday the 13th! It's my dad's month day. On a lesser note, it appears Val did a lot more than bump to that poor boy. Head on a plaque above the fire place anyone?

Ben said...

I'm sorry, but Brainy's lucky day is spent on the toilet? That boy needs some fiber, evidently.

Pere Ubu said...

What, no love for this "13"?

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=28618&zoom=4