Monday, January 14, 2008

Ben Grimm Totally Rocks! #16

Hey, I haven't done one of these, in a while, have I? Well, let's open this door and see what Mister Grimm is up to:

Fantastic Four Roast #1 splash page
Splash page (literally!) from Fantastic Four Roast #1 (May 1982), story and layouts by Fred Hembeck, finishes by Ron Wilson


Why does Ben Grimm totally rock? Why, he's the cleanest superhero around, and he knows the value of a nice relaxing soak in the tub to calm his rocky nerves. Just some scented bubble bath, some aromatherapy candles, Yanni on the CD player and it's Benjy's very special "me time." We all need that, don't we?

Why, the only thing missing (and I can't believe Hembeck didn't include one) is


The Thing, everyone: he's big, brawny, orange, and he lies with his head at the wrong end of the tub, but he's squeaky clean and he smells like lavender. That, ladies and gentlemen, is another reason why Ben Grimm totally rocks.


2 comments:

Ron Hogan said...

I can't help but worry about water getting trapped in the cracks in Ben's "skin" and the worst case of all-over athlete's foot ever setting in. I may be overthinking the situation, I admit.

Jeremy Rizza said...

Forget soap and water... I think Reed should just invent a giant walk-in rock tumbler for the big guy. Then he can get all nice and shiny.