Tuesday, April 17, 2007

If you're interested in reading more about Spike Milligan...


(Click photo to Harry Secombe-size)


For those of you who expressed an interest in Spike Milligan and reading more about or by him...well, you got plenty books to choose from. Most aren't published in the US (try Amazon.co.uk). But most of all I recommend picking up a CD or cassette of The Goon Show so you can hear The Great Man at work. (Heck, you can even probably find files on P2P trading sites.) The Goon Show is an acquired taste, but I can't imagine life without Spike.


3 comments:

Michael Jones said...

Awesome Spike collection. Mine is sitting in a box in a locker in Toronto. (sobs) My favourites would be "Mussolini, my part in his downfall" and his book of Limericks. I also have the Goon Show on vinyl! (Does anyone have records anymore?) Now I'm Jonesing for some more Spike.

Michael Jones said...

Oops, make that "HIS part in MY downfall."

Adam said...

Yeah, I have 'Adolf Hitler, My part in his Downfall' and 'Rommel? Gunner Who?:A Confrontation in the Desert', and the 6 cassette collection - The Goon Show Classics.

You're absolutely right about it being an acquired taste though, my Girlfriend can't get here head around it. I think it appeals more to British and Kiwi audiences, and being a Kiwi, I love it.