Sunday, October 08, 2006

24 Hour Comics Reviewing Day, Hour Twenty-Four: Runaway Comics #2

Runaway Comics #2RUNAWAY COMICS #2: This comic is fun. What a long, 24-hour stretch it's been, full of mostly fun comics and maybe more candy beans than I should have had. But what a fun comic to wrap it all up with: Marvelous Mark Martin's new Runaway Comics (not to be confused with the also-fun but completely different Runaways). A choose-your-own-adventure that Lynne Truss would love, the continuation of the "Montgomery Wart" saga, and if you ever wondered why Gran'paw takes so much medicine, well, worry no more, true bull-liever, 'coz it's all here in this issue which is crammed full of Martin's unique and whimsical art, warped sense of humor and the best sight gags in indie comics. (Why's it called Runaway Comics? Find out at the end of the issue!) All this plus a bonus flipbook "Jabberous"! Now, I know this ain't never gonna happen, but if I ever were to become famous outside the thirty-seven good people who religious read my blog, and if I was so popular as to warrant my own comic book, starring me...well, I'd sure ask Mister Martin, very politely, if he'd draw it for me...as seen in his hi-larious "Montgomery Wart," he draws little animal kids better'n jus' about anyone since Walt Kelly! And if you don't b'lieve me an' start to say 'Yeah, but...'...well then, just talk to the Yeah Butt! (By the way, check out Mark's totally fantabulous blog and website...full of hilarity and butts!)

And now, after remaining mostly awake for 24 hours, reading comics and sugaring myself up, this little bull is going to fall asleep for 24 hours. If there's such a thing as blogging in the Dreaming, I'll see y'all there. But for my final word, I'd like like to say: always remember tha

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


1 comment:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Well done Bully. You've earned your rest!